Thursday 31 December 2009

New years eve musings

Normally on New years eve I would be preparing for a night of 'first footing' being a true blue northerner,however my poor wife is suffering with swine flu which has curtailed this years ceildah.
So whilst looking after her I thought I would add to my site and look to the future.
My hope this year is to complete my Seven Years war project which according to my notes started in November 2007.This year is hopefully the year I complete my Austrian and French armies.However I bought the new Jackdaw French Garde from Andy Copestake in November so they are also in need of completion.These are very fine figures and deserve a proper review,[one for the future I think.]
I also have started buying a Hanoverian contingent,and plan an army of 10 batallions plus 6 regiments of horse.Most of my armies are from the old RSM range which I think capture the elegance of the period,and they are still very good value [even at the current dollar/pound exchange rate]

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating