Sunday 3 January 2010

Who are the Independent Wargames Group?

I clean forgot to explain the title of the blog. The IWG was created? over 30 years ago in response to the trend to follow all things created by the Wargames Research Group.
There have never been more than three members [and I use that term very loosely]and usually only myself and my long suffering arch gamer John Reidy. At the present time we are back to three [Colin Ashston] but we still try to do things our way.
Over the years we have tended to go our own way,but the key for me was to create eye catching wargames,using well painted figures and quality terrain.
I attempt to put on a game at least at two local shows each year,sometimes more,just to motivate myself into painting more figures.Several of the games we played have featured over the years in the wargames press,perhaps the best being about Blenheim in the old Practical Wargamer magazine.
I am lucky in that I have a permanent wargames table and can fight whenever I want.
I hope to be able to scan our latest rules offering in the near future onto the site.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - great start on the blog...

    Which issue of Practical Wargamer was the Blenheim article in???

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating