Sunday 20 March 2011

Still Plugging Away.

I have always suffered from a low attention span, which can be a bit disconcerting at times. and no doubt if I was a youngster again, I would have been whipped off to some child physcologist and identified as needing help.
 Anyway, in between attempting to complete my latest battalion of Hanoverians, I had to divert precious time to this Eureka set, Frederick and Voltaire.
 Eureka,just seem to go from strength to strength, designwise. I only wish that they just weren't so damned expensive, as I would have treated myself to some more additions to my metal mountain,which at this moment is bigger than the EU's butter mountain.
 The subject itself is not really my cup of tea,as I find Frederick a nasty piece of work, but the devil looks after his own, Still I can always hope that Eureka design a nice set for Maria Theresa.  
 On another diverse note, Colin staged a refight of the same scenario from the AWI that had caused us rule problems last time. This time we refought it using Blackpowder rules. It was a huge improvement and flowed well as a game. The thing I do like about Blackpowder is the uncertainity about whether youre brigades are actually going to do want you want them to do. Represnting the Americans this time, needless to say I had a few problems. Still very enjoyable and good fun. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a very nice set from Eureka,very well painted and I do like the vegetation.

    It's good to break up labourious painting with small diversions like this.

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating