Monday 13 February 2012

The Battle of Wagram,archived photographs.

I recovered these photographs of my restaging of the Battle of Wagram,staged in 6mm.I dont think Durham Group will mind me using photographs from the game I palyed at their club. I know the trend is now to use Baccus figures,which are very good,but I always thought Irregular Miniatures were the leaders in 6mm gaming.
 Ian Kay has always been amenable to casting figures that you needed,and I always liked the practicality of six figure bases. Ian also cast solid blocks of infantry,which when painted are very effective.I use these blocks for my later 1813 Prussian army.
 Rules wise,John and I always opted for quick rules,which captured the sweep of the Napoleonic period,so we naturally opted for Volley and Bayonet.I still think they havent been bettered,even after all this time,but thats just my opinion,so it doesnt really count for much.
 If I remeber rightly,the Austrians were bludgeoned from the field by weight of numbers and the better quality troops,after a stubborn fight. It was probably the right result.
 I have always tended to make specific terrain for all my 6mm battles,and I look forward to dragging out my Borodino terrain,where things are much harder for the French.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Irregular figures.
    Can the Austrians actually win Wagram ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A memorable game Robbie. A really enjoyable day !!

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating