Thursday 20 December 2012

A short report on the Hobbit.

The clue to this post is pretty evident. Last night I went to see the Hobbit part one.
 I must admit I was a bit concerned as the reviews that I had read had been pretty mixed,and some had been quite rude.
 Anyway,dragging along 'our lass'  [my wife] I lashed out £32.00! to experience 3d and Imex,whatever that is.
 I don't want to spoil the film for anyone and write a review of the film,but I will say that I loved it.
 I think its better than Lord of the Rings,and for me the 3 hours went very quickly.
 I'm not certain how it got a 12 rating as some parts of the film are fairly scary,in particular when Gollum appears on the scene.
Gollum by the way is better than ever. I was interested to see how Radgast the Brown would be interwoven into the film, but it works,and lends a bit of humour to the film. I think its alright to describe the character as a hippy type of wizard.
Personally I don't think the film feels padded out,and the additions work well.
I even liked the new arch enemy that is introduced into the film,who is clearly going to cause heartache throughout the trilogy. He certainly wins my vote for scary nastiness.
 My wife unfortunately was a herder person to please,but even she liked the way it was filmed. That's posh for I'm bored!
 Anyway if you were thinking about going,lash out,get the best seats,and enjoy the experience.I did.

5 comments:

  1. Thé 3Dimax version was excellent. dont know why so Much négative response to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been having a good look around and I must say it´s a Bloody lovely blog!!! The vignettes are, along with everything else, very inspirational.
    Happy X-mas to you and yours.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats very kind of you,thanks, Robbie.

      Delete
    2. Have to agree on all counts. Great film and will be returning for a second view after Christmas.
      Have a great time and hope to catch up in the New Year

      Delete
    3. Happy Christmas Graham,
      Yes like you I am a saddo, I will be going back to watch it again.
      Thanks Robbie

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating