Monday 22 April 2013

Salute Part Three....

 Having now been back to Salute after God knows how many years, I realise that you cant really record all the games you see there. There are just too many. I dont understand the attraction, but this game looked really well presented, the ships? were very well painted, a Dystopian Wars game I believe.

World War Two was well represented at Salute, and there were some very fine games on show.

 These three photographs were from a D Day event, that really captured the terrain.

How good are those buildings, especially the windmill.

                                       .




 This game used 54mm figures, and was set in England. The base boards used the hanging basket liner to great effect.Again it looked fun to play. A great effort.

And now onto Stalingrad, which looked terrific, I couldn't get that many photographs as the game was surrounded most of the time. I particularly liked the train, at the edge of the board. You cant beat the appearance of a train to get men interested.





One of the few Dark age games was the one below, which was really well executed.

 I especially felt envious of the christian water mill, I think the group were using the Saga rules. A great effort.

And finally, Jim Sweeney, getting to grips with a storm trooper.
Thanks for those free figures, although 'beware Greeks bearing gifts' does spring to mind.
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating