Monday 30 September 2013

When Fate is against you...........

I think its fair to say that when things go wrong they really go wrong.
This weekend was to be my annual visit to Derby. Initially I intended to travel down on the Saturday, but a late night in Newcastle on the Friday watching Rod Stewart [ 49 times] led to me creeping back to bed and not driving down.
 I'll go on the Sunday thinks I, so up bright eyed and bushy tailed, into my car, newly washed and fueled, looking forward to a great days shopping and looking.


  Two miles later............


..

Two miles later, I found myself T packed by a jaguar full of people en route to a golfing tournament.
 My lovely  car is a right off, and I found that fate has a way of kicking you in the cods.
If that wasn't enough, I now find that the driver of the Jaguar doesn't seem to want to play ball and  provide any insurance details. Somehow I don't think he has any.
 Thinking about it, now that I am recovering from the shock of the accident, leaving me by myself with my car up a grass verge, covered in air bag and dazed wasn't really the gentlemanly thing to do, which should have tipped me off to what they were about.
 So unable to grip a paint brush tightly and down to my last four stone of metal figures you realise that some things are not meant to be.
What really capped it all was I had to spend the majority of my wargaming  cash on paying for a low loader to collect my car and bring me home...... The joys of wargaming.

7 comments:

  1. Not good. V bad in fact. At least you are unhurt. You now the drill so they ought to be stuffed when or if goes to court if they don't play ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I was thinking my weeknd had stunk, hope you recover you painting hand quickly
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got my complete sympathy mate. Had experience of a non insured driver a few years ago - it can be a long haul, but eventually satisfactory as you've got all the right cards. Don't show'em any consideration, just go for the throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misery piled upon misery, hope it all gets sorted soon though I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.
    I hope your hands heals soon and as for the cash, you have just spent it on wargames figures, booze and women - and wasted the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is grim and without the fall back of painting that's even worse.
    However in this modern age just think of yourself, find a no win no fee company, pile on the agony and sue the a**e of them.
    Speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch that stings.... Now I know why I didn't see you-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for everyones' kind comments.
    My car goes tomorrow.
    Thanks Robbie

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating