Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Wild Goose,are now Geese!

 Normally I wont photograph my figures until they are complete, and the eagle eyed will notice I am three figures short at the moment on this unit [are you reading this Graham] but I couldn't help posting this set of photographs.
 This Minden unit has been sat partly painted since the inception of the range, actually started as the Lally Regiment, anyway it has been painted as the Clare regiment as part of my Irish Brigade. I originally found the Minden range quite difficult to paint, but somehow these chaps proved quite a pleasure to complete.
 I now intend to paint up the Rooth regiment to give my Irish a bit more umph, these will be from Graham Cummings excellent Crann Tara range of figures. I think I will add some battalion guns to the regiments, not that I need any more artillery.



5 comments:

  1. Great unit, the drummers uniform looks really smart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those a lot. Very impressive. Looking forward to marching alongside them in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. I look forward to shooting at them in May if not before ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Irish are always fantastic looking units - especially your! Do you will plan another war-game soon for showing us them in action?
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating