Thursday 6 October 2016

Louisiana Zouaves.

 Well its been a little while since I last posted. This was due to personal matters and family commitments. As a consequence I was unable to attend the Derby show which was a shame in that it looked a good show with some quality large games on show. I would have particularly like to have seen the Thirty Years War game, and the James Morris  SYW one. Still perhaps next time.
 Anyway I have managed to paint up some more ACW figures, this time the 1st Louisiana Zouaves, which was a very pretty unit. I have actually a full brigade of units from Louisiana but havent completed the bases on the other two units yet. I have realised that the units I seem to select are determined by the prettiness of their flags or their dress.
 One will notice that this unit does not contain a full 24 figures, this is down to my cheapness, by sticking the odd piece of Rendra fencing on the bases just to add some randomness.I also padded out the unit with some Perry plastic zouaves, which look pretty good.
 All in all a nice regiment I think.



11 comments:

  1. Hope everything is working out for Robbie. Nice painting as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright Paul,
      I really should start rebasing those great Hinchliffe SYW I got from you, they will look very impressive.

      Delete
  2. Much better than a "nice looking" regiment. It looks splendid! I, too, am attracted to units with pretty uniforms or flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnathon,
      There is definitely a bit of 'magpie' in me, I love colour in wargames units.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I need? to paint up a couple of Union zouave units to match them now.

      Delete
  4. Very nice unit. Obviously the start of a Confederate o-fence-ive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Zouaves, and great bases...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,
      the bases are really simple to do, and although they arent up to the Peter Gilder standard, they are effective. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Lovely looking unit and nice full bases.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating