Wednesday 26 October 2016

Something I learnt whilst in Sicily.

Sometimes I really don't understand the workings of Blogger, this post should have been before my last post, but the text didn't seem to work correctly.
Anyway I have nearly fixed the damn thing so here's the post that should have been released.

Well I'm back from my short sabbatical to Southern Italy and very nice it was too, although I must admit I was a struggling a tad by the middle of the week with whatever condition I seem to be waiting the results of. I think things are starting to fall off me like an old car.
 Anyway enough of that tripe.
 I am still attempting to rationalise my wargaming armies into a few periods, and one of the things I did before my short break was to put my nicely painted WW2 British Eighth Army on E Bay.

 I have noticed a trend over the last few months where the Flames of War 15mm units don't really sell too well, unless they are really top notch painted.Anyway after a few days of total inactivity I was finally able to agree a sale of the entire army at what seemed a fair price, included a discounted postal price. Basically unpainted casting price but heyho.
 Being a enterprising type I offered to sell my Royal Italian army to the same guy, in order that I got rid, and the new owner had a proper opponent. He seemed interested but we agreed to wait until I returned from my break to either complete the original sale by simply paying, and or adding the Italians into a much larger package.
 Readers, you know where this is going. 

 Since my return, nada, nothing, no replies no completion of the invoice request, nothing.

  This actually happened to me once before, with a very strange guy from Switzerland who in an attempt to get out of the sale pretended to be his sister, who e mailed me to say he was in hospital after a road accident and needed to delay paying. Except the injured guy then bid on some other stuff of mine without thinking it through.
 That time I just let it all go, but after checking the profile of the current E Bayer properly I saw that he had actually reneged on two other transactions, which somehow hadn't shown up as negatives, God knows why.
 Anyway I thought I would do a little bit of digging because frankly I am a bit peeved and it transpired that the current arse wipe appears to be a member of the New Zealand South Island Wargames scene, so I am naming and shaming him;
  So if I knew David Lloyd of Warden Street, Christchurch New Zealand and actually wargamed with him I would be a bit wary about his actual perceived good character and definitely wouldn't lend him anything, not even the shit off my shoe. 
Not that I am suggesting that David Lloyd of Christchurch New Zealand is not of good character, just that he appears well a bit suspect. 
  Funnily enough I am now an avid follower of several New Zealand wargames blogs and have already managed to drop a couple of comments into their respective baskets. I suppose my holiday to Naples taught me something else apart from some history.




11 comments:

  1. Love it Robbie but for all the wring reasons . Go for the jugular

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Robbie but for all the wring reasons . Go for the jugular

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, every cloud has a silver lining! You discovered a few interesting blogs through this misadventure. Still, a gentleman honors an agreement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan,
      Wargamers usually are a decent crowd, so it was a shame.

      Delete
  4. That's a bu@@er. Thanks for the warning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I really wish E Bay would provide a better system of dealing with these issues.

      Delete
  5. Hi Robbie,you do seem to have a knack of feeding us with ammunition-the next time we see you,we'll greet you with a "Haka!!"-can't wait 'til November 26th now!!!!!
    johnc(westerhope wargames group)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to you pulling a face, it should be an improvement.

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the language though, I will put it down to my aga.

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating