Friday 7 October 2016

The Alexandria Rifles.

 In each brigade in Glory Hallelujah, you are allowed one sharpshooter, that is attached to a regiment. Its a nice fun feature to have included. These are my sharpshooters for the Confederates, and are from the Alexandria Rifles. I have exaggerated the green uniform colour , just to pretty them up. I know its more a Hollywood type of uniform, but I do like the effect.
 I have completed a small regiment of rifles to accompany the sharpshooters.I must admit the Perry twins did a fine job of sculpting these miniatures, they were a pleasure to paint.
 Just in case I get an ACW expert comment regarding the rifles, the unit was in Blandford, they were unusual and pretty, and I therefore felt the need to have them, probably not too accurate for the actual war, but they were too good to ignore. Wait until I start the Union regiments, because I hope to paint up some eclectic and unusual regiments.



13 comments:

  1. Rush's lancers maybe to look forward to? Those riflemen are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rush's lancers maybe to look forward to? Those riflemen are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin,
      I was actually fancying the 'Butterflies' a not very good Union cavalry unit.

      Delete
  3. Agreed! Normally not my period, but these are gorgeous.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stokes,
      Its definitely not my period, and I have broken Peter Young's rule of collecting only one period. But they have been fun to paint.

      Delete
  4. They look good and that's all that matters!! Plus with that nice bright green uniform you won't forgot that they are on the table top attached to the unit like I have a habit of doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I maybe should have got some luminious green to finish them off.

      Delete
  5. Hi Robbie watching your Acw figures with interest great stuff.
    About how many Plastics do you use per Base with the Metals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,
      Its great to hear from you. I try to have two metal and two plastic per base, just to give them some heft. Of course John advised I use all plastic with metal bases, but that would be a real cheat.

      Delete
  6. Great looking riflemen, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil,
      I really need to lift out some renaissance stuff which is crying out to be painted.

      Delete
  7. Nice looking riflemen, this is turning into a big sideshow!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating